Two more days til our Orange Is The New Paleo party for the return of Orange Is The New Black on Netflix and today we’re roasting some carrots. Who can be bothered with food that requires a fork and knife when you’re trying to pay attention to what’s happening in prison? Not me. Sure, baby carrots dipped in hummus would be fine, but why not spend a couple of extra minutes and treat yourself? (And literally, it’s just a couple of minutes.) By roasting ’em in a little olive oil, salt and pepper your regularly crunchy carrot turns into candy. Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself.
- one bunch of carrots, peeled and tops sliced off
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use goats milk, but you can use any kind)
- onion powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Arrange carrots on baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt, onion powder and lime juice in a small bowl and set aside for dipping.
A Recipe From Jamie Stelter | www.thetvdinner.com