Three more days til the Orange Is The New Paleo party for the return of Orange Is The New Black on Netflix and who doesn’t crave (and honestly, deserve) some french fries on a Friday night? And who among us doesn’t regret them the next morning? Or even ten minutes later…
Enter the baked sweet potato fry that has so much more nutritional value and flavor than the regular french fry. These guys are loaded with fiber and they’re sweet and irresistible! I dipped them into Vegenaise, but if you’re more of a classic ketchup fan, go for it. (I’ve always been a fry-in-mayo girl, but also ketchup’s not Paleo, so I’m leaving it out here.)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potatoes then cut them into long, fry-like strips.
- Toss them in a bowl with a glug of olive oil, some salt and pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Pour the coated fries onto a baking sheet either sprayed with non-stick spray or lined in tin foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
A Recipe From Jamie Stelter | www.thetvdinner.com