It’s time for episode 9 of TV Dinner on ulive and I saved the best for last. (Last one just for now, not to worry.) My friend Brooke Hammerling came over and I made my favorite post-workout meal: avocado toast with an egg on top.
Brooke runs Brew PR, a firm she founded to provide media relations to cool tech companies. Among other things, she’s also a big supporter of charity: water. I don’t need to tell you that she, just like the rest of us, is busy. It’s hard enough to find the time to workout; who wants to come home and start slaving over the stove after? Not me. Not Brooke. And I’m guessing not you, either.
Avocado toast with an egg on top is not only the fastest, easiest meal to make, but it packs the necessary 1-2 protein-carb punch that your body needs post-workout. Win – Win. Time to get familiar with it.
And like I said, this is the last episode of TV Dinner — for now — but I have a Valentine’s Day special coming in a few months. And until then, you can catch up on the other 8 episodes and recipes. Be sure to let me know if you make any of them and how they turn out.
Hope you had as much fun watching as I did makin ’em!
- 2 avocados, peeled + pitted
- 2 slices of whole grain/sprouted bread
- 2 TBSP vegenaise
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt
- red chili pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- Spread a TBSP of vegenaise on each slice of bread and toast it.
- Mash the avocado in a bowl until almost creamy. Squeeze in lemon juice then mix well.
- Smush mixture on top of toast and sprinkle with sea salt and chili pepper flakes.
- Meantime fry an egg for each person and serve it atop the toast.
A Recipe From Jamie Shupak | www.thetvdinner.com