I made them just moments before we went to our friends Noah and Marissa’s place for dinner Friday night, and everyone loved them. I bet his 8-month-old daughter Eden would have loved ’em too, should she have tried. Maybe in a few years.
All you need is about 15 minutes, some strawberries, dark chocolate and butter. If you wanna be wild (like me), sprinkle some jimmies on top, too… cause the only thing better than dark chocolate-covered strawberries are dark chocolate-covered strawberries with jimmies on top.
- 1 box of strawberries (keep stems on!)
- 1 3.5oz dark chocolate bar (I always use at least 85% cacao)
- 1 TBSP grass-fed butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make sure there is room in the freezer for it, for when it’s time.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together over low heat. Low and slow. Helps to use a spatula.
- Transfer melted mixture to a bowl and begin dipping each strawberry, holding the stem/leaves, into the chocolate. Lay each one down on the parchment paper as you go.
- When all strawberries are dipped, put the baking sheet into the freezer for 5 minutes, until chocolate hardens.
- Take them out of the freezer and either start eating them then (!), or transfer baking sheet to the fridge to keep cold until serving.
If you’re going to add jimmies, do so before putting the baking sheet into the freezer. And if you have leftover covered strawberries, it’s best to store them in tupperware in a cool place, outside the fridge.
A Recipe From Jamie Stelter | www.thetvdinner.com