What I mean is: it’s the best season to eat raw vegetables. Slice ’em, dice ’em, spiralize ’em — then dress ’em up with some red chili pepper flakes and citrus — and enjoy.
Which is exactly what I did here. No stove, no oven, no muss, no fuss.
If you use a whole artichoke, follow this great tutorial for how to slice it perfectly. Otherwise a can of artichoke hearts will work just fine. I’ve made it with both and they’re (almost) equally delicious.
- 1 zucchini, spiralized with widest blade
- 1 can artichoke hearts, sliced thin
- 4 hearts of palm, sliced thin
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- salt and red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- Combine zucchini, artichokes and hearts of palm in a bowl.
- Toss with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add salt and chili flakes to taste, then serve.
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can simply slice the zucchini thin with a knife. And if you use a fresh artichoke, just use the hearts in the salad.
A Recipe From Jamie Stelter | www.thetvdinner.com