1. It takes less than 10 minutes to whip up.
2. It’s super satisfying — not just for me but my big strong husband, too.
3. You can make it with any kind of light, white fish you have on hand. I prefer it with tilapia, but you can use sole, flounder, mahi mahi, etc…
4. You can make the dressing as spicy or creamy as you like by varying the amounts of sriracha and Vegenaise, respectively.
5. Did I mention it takes less than 10 minutes to make? I’m all about a quick, healthy meal.
- 1 large bunch of kale, stems removed
- 2 bell peppers (I use one orange, one red), sliced thin
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 tilapia fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP Vegenaise
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- sriracha, to taste
- Make dressing by combining Vegenaise, mustard, lemon juice and sriracha in a bowl. Stir well.
- Massage kale into the dressing (with a spoon or your hands) coating it well and softening the kale at the same time.
- Plate the dressed kale.
- Heat olive oil in pan and saute onions until translucent. Then, add peppers and cook until soft.
- Add tilapia fillets to the pan and saute about 3-4 minutes per side, until white all the way through.
- Serve fish, peppers and onions atop the kale and enjoy.
A Recipe From Jamie Shupak | www.thetvdinner.com