Make yourself these cookies tonight — start to finish it’ll take you less than 30 minutes — and you’ll actually have a treat (or two) each day for the next week. They stay surprisingly soft in an airtight container outside the fridge.
PS if the recipe looks familiar it’s because they’re the same cookies I used to make those glorious ice cream sandwiches. I just didn’t flatten ’em before baking.
What better way to start the weekend?
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips (or any dairy-free brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another small bowl mix eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix together until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips. (The batter will be very wet.)
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop balls of cookie dough about a tablespoon in size. They will expand when you bake, more than you think.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool outside the oven, then enjoy!
These will stay soft in a tupperware container for over a week — maybe more if you keep them in the fridge.
A Recipe From Jamie Stelter | www.thetvdinner.com