It’s supposed to be in the 80’s and sunny on Sunday for Father’s Day (at least here in New York): perfect BBQ weather. And since it’s gonna be pretty steamy, you want something light, right? And since everyone wants their dad to eat healthy, how about these shrimp and pineapple skewers. They’re spicy and sweet, and so much better than the same ‘ol hot dogs and hamburgers.
I used my favorite BBQ sauce aka Chrissy’s chipotle marinade, but you can use whatever sauce you have on hand.
If you don’t have outdoor space or a grill / fire these up in your kitchen, as I did, on a grill pan. Same charred lines, same taste…
And goes perfectly with my spiralized cucumber salad with fresh watermelon, mango and mint.
- 1lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- package of skewers
- 1/2 pineapple, cut in chunks (I cut up a whole one and stored unused in a tupperware to eat as a snack)
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- nonstick cooking spray (if using grill pan on the stove)
- Toss pineapple and shrimp in a bowl with BBQ sauce until coated.
- Assemble shrimp and pineapple onto skewers.
- Spray grill pan with nonstick spray and heat on medium-high heat.
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side, until shrimp is opaque.
- Remove from grill pan and serve either on plates or in cups.
I used Chrissy’s chipotle marinade — a tasty, but very spicy BBQ-style sauce.
A Recipe From Jamie Stelter | www.thetvdinner.com