It’s time for episode 4 of TV Dinner and this one is dedicated to my fellow non-meat eaters who have gone to a restaurant, only to discover that there is but one viable dinner option on the menu.
Chef Francis Derby — part of the opening team at wd~50 and now of The Cannibal here in NYC — wants to make sure that doesn’t happen to you. At least not at his place! He’s just started adding multiple vegetable dishes to his meat-heavy menu, including this tomato and peach salad, which couldn’t be easier to make. It’s great as is — very tasty when both tomatoes and peaches are in season — but add any other vegetables of your liking. If you want it to be a meal all its own, add a piece of fish on top or on the side.
- handful of mini heirloom tomatoes per person, diced
- 2 white peaches, diced
- 1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
- handful of pomegranate seeds
- white sesame seeds
- balsamic glaze
- Arrange tomatoes, peaches and scallions on a plate.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with balsamic and serve.
A Recipe From Jamie Shupak | www.thetvdinner.com