Perhaps one of the most simple salads to make — and also one of the most beautiful and delicious. The bite of the arugula is softened with a touch of olive oil and lemon… then sweetened with the grapefruit… then juxtaposed with the shaved fennel. Add a little crunch with those pine nuts and your taste buds are in heaven. Serve it as a first course or add a little protein (shrimp, white fish, tofu…?) and you’ve got yourself an A+ dinner.
- couple big handfuls of arugula
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved on a mandoline
- 1 grapefruit, quartered
- handful of pine nuts
- drizzle of balsamic glaze
- In a bowl, massage arugula with olive oil and lemon juice with your hands until well-coated, then plate.
- Add fennel, grapefruit and pine nuts on top.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve!
A Recipe From Jamie Stelter | www.thetvdinner.com