Just two more days til Father’s Day and if you’re scrambling, trying to figure out what to make, you should give this spiralized salad a whirl. It’s healthy, it’s sweet with a kick of spice, and it’s super easy to make because it’s not an exact recipe. Want more watermelon? Toss it in. Want more sesame seeds? Knock yourself out.
I’ve become obsessed with my spiralizer because vegetables morph into these fun-to-eat noodles in seconds and the best part: you look so fancy for it. Spiralizing is the best way to get some oohs and aahs from the crowd, when you really you did nothing to deserve ’em (except read this blog).
Mom will love it cause it’s healthy and she of course wants dad to eat more fruit and vegetables. Dad will love it cause you made it. *cue the awwwwwws*
- 2 cucumbers, spiralized
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/4lb watermelon, chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- small handful of mint leaves, chopped thin
- dash of sesame seeds
- chili powder, to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- Combine all ingredients except the chili powder and lime in a bowl.
- Dust with sesame seeds and chili powder, to taste.
- Toss with lime juice and serve.
A Recipe From Jamie Stelter | www.thetvdinner.com